Tuesday 10 March 2009

It's the system that makes you a wanderer...

You know when you completely forget about a tune, only to rediscover it years down the line and fall in love with it over again? Well, in my quest to recommend some tunes to a friend I happened back upon Romanthony's classic tune "The Wanderer"...(circa '94 i think?)
(There are a couple of versions of this track - I think the one I love is the "CD Remix #9")

I had this gem about 8-9 years ago, only to let it slip through the net somewhere along the way. It's such a beautiful song, I knew I just had to do something with it.
Problem is, I wanted to keep the same feeling it emotes and not fuck with it too much, you know - just basically convert it to a 4/4 beat, a bit of sidechaining, chop it up a little etc etc.
Usually with my Roland Dubbs' stuff it's all about the jackin', wobbly bass....but I couldn't do that to this song. It's just too nice...

Although Romanthony has worked with the likes of Daft Punk, don't be confused - he is a US House producer, working out of New Jersey originally. My remix has given this track a bit of a French House feel...hence the title "Roland Dubbs' Wandering In Paris Remix". So it's a little different to my other stuff!

I also recommend 'Romanthony - Floorpiece', it's on a totally different tip, more dancefloor orientated, and another favourite of mine that I HAVEN'T lost!
Anyway, here it is in full 320 glory...

Romanthony - The Wanderer (Roland Dubbs' Wandering In Paris Remix)
Romanthony - The Wanderer
Romanthony - Floorpiece

No comments: