Thursday 30 April 2009

Don't Walk Away In Silence...

Well I didn't set out to remix Joy Division. Honestly I didn't!

I made this dubstep track and got to a point where it needed something extra that I couldn't quite put my finger on... then I realised the chord sequence was really familiar. Too familiar.
I knew it straight away, but didn't realise how well it would actually work. It's only a teeny sample, but as the original is such a great track I didn't need to use large parts of it.

With a little tweaking here and there, I truly believe we have a potential 'end of the night' dubstep anthem! "PARP!" <-- that's my trumpet being blown right there! Here it is, the massiveness that is...

ROLAND DUBBS - HARDLY SPEAKING
(...which samples Joy Division - Atmosphere)

Lighters Up!!

No comments: