Friday 5 March 2010

My DJ!

When I first heard about this collabo I spent ages trying to find it with no success. Then it popped up on Zinc's superb 'Crack House' mix CD for Mixmag last month. Since then it's been released on the 'Wile Out' single feat. Ms. Dynamite. ('Blunt Edge' with an acapella basically - but still oh-so moreish!).
'My DJ' also features the talents of Ms. Dynamite, albeit only on a few vocal cuts.
The thing I love about this track is that it doesn't go over the top with the wobble. Zinc & Benga have deliberately kept it in check, and it works perfectly - it never gets too silly. It just sits there, staring at you from behind the fence, knowing that it's getting to you and burrowing deeper inside, all the while there's nothing you can do about it but stand there and enjoy it.
And trust me, after a handful of listens you'll just get it. It clicks. Hard. Hence why I spent the journey home from work on Friday with this bad-boy tune on repeat and cranked up to 11.

You can go grab your copy on iTunes now for a ridonkulous 79p. Or just check it here, now.

No comments: